The history of Worcester Carnival stretches back at least one hundred years! In its original form, Worcester Carnival was the highlight of the city’s calendar for many years until it came to an end in the 1990s, warmly remembered by many residents.
After several attempts to resurrect Worcester Carnival, the current team finally oversaw a successful return in 2017, which has grown every year since. Despite a hiatus in 2020 and 2021 due to COVID, Our 2022 event saw thousands of residents and visitors turn out to our most successful carnival yet, with over 30 groups entering the parade including schools, community groups and businesses and 2023 has built on that success.
- To celebrate Worcester and its people – past, present and future.
- To organise Worcester’s biggest party to celebrate the place and the people.
- To celebrate everyone we call our neighbours in the city of Worcester, from all walks of life.
- To add value to our home city as a place to live.
- Inclusion – ensuring the carnival involves the breadth of Worcester community.
- Environment – making a positive impact on the world around us.
- Heritage – embracing the history of Worcester and Worcester Carnival.
Worcester Carnival Organising Committee
Worcester Carnival is made up of a small but dedicated team of 7 people. We are all passionate Worcester residents. We bring a wealth of skills and experience from many sectors to the carnival, and are very hands-on in creating an event of this scale. We have been delighted with how the Carnival has grown from strength to strength through 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022 and 2023.
We are now already starting to plan Worcester Carnival 2024 which will take place on Saturday 6th July.
We were amazed to see the amount of floats and walking groups in previous years events and we are looking forward to seeing a range of community/youth groups and local businesses participating in what promises to be out biggest and best day yet.
Worcester Carnival Charitable Trust
Worcester Carnival Charitable trust is a registered charity that raises funds to benefit Worcester City charities. Our goal is to make grants to a wide range of small to medium size grassroots community groups, charities or charitable
community groups based in Worcester city.
For more information:
Registered Charity No. 117868